We are Recruiting! - Medical Secretary 24 hours a week
Dr Trzeciak and Partners is an innovative and a well organised Practice with a vibrant positive working environment. We have a friendly and approachable staff and management team. We are committed to supporting, developing and encouraging each member of staff to positively achieve high quality standards and care for our patients.
You will have a good standard of secretarial and IT skills, be well organised, supportive, have good active listening skills and excellent communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with both patients and colleagues.
The surgery is currently open from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and one early morning and one late evening per week. The successful applicant will work a fixed weekly shift pattern, which may include starting at 7.45am and/or finishing at 6.30pm. The practice also hosts a clinic on alternate Saturday mornings for the Heartbeat Alliance, and reception staff will be offered the opportunity to work additional hours in this clinic if they wish to do so.
- Provide secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Facilitate effective communication between colleagues, patients, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
SECRETARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administering of and recording for referral initiatives.
- Creating referrals and advice requests using the NHS e-referral system, making appointments and feeding back to the GPs and patients necessary action and information including alternative suggestions and rejections.
- Typing (copy typing and audio typing) and sending of patient referral letters and reports to hospitals and other outside agencies.
- Sending and recording of bills sent.
- Management of patient queries regarding referrals.
- Typing correspondence as required by the Partners and the Practice.
- Attend local user groups.
3 GCSE passes (A-C)
Good IT Skills
Min 5 GCSE passes (A-C)
Reception, Medical and Secretarial Experience
Knowledge of medical terminology
More information regarding our Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on request along with our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV WITH COVERING LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 29th September 2019