Welcome to Thirsk Doctors Surgery
We are committed to providing high quality primary care services through an ethos of continuous learning and reflection, while ensuring all staff and patients are treated with dignity, honesty and respect. We aim to be innovative and adaptable to the changing face of General Practice and to balance the needs of individual patients with those of the wider practice population. We are dedicated to promoting the aims of values of our Primary Care Network and Clinical Commissioning Group and strive to improve the health of our population and encourage self-care.
Wednesday 29th June Thirsk Doctors Surgery is closed 12-6.30pm for Training if you have an urgent problem please ring 0300 123 3112 and you will be assisted by OOH/Call handling. We will re-open Thursday 30th June at 8am.
- Thirsk Doctors Surgery Newsletter ONLINE ACCESS March 2022.docx
- Thirsk Doctors Surgery Newsletter February 2022
- Thirsk Doctors Surgery Newsletter December 2021
Dr Longstaff is an approved GP Trainer who is supported by Dr Robertson, as an Associate Trainer. Dr Longstaff also works as a Training Programme of the Harrogate GP Training Scheme.
Being an approved training practice means that:
- patients can directly contribute to the training of future GP
- it keeps all doctors and nurses keep in touch with new medical developments and skills
- It improves all doctors and nurse’s consultation and training skills
- It ensures that clinical standards and standards of medical record keeping are maintained
- It helps with recruitment of high quality doctors to the practice for job vacancies
GPRs are doctors in training who are qualified doctors and have already worked in hospitals as junior doctors for at least 3 years and have now decided that they would like to specialise in General Practice.
In order to qualify as a GP all doctors have to complete Postgraduate Specialist Training which includes at least 18 months training in General Practice.
Medical and Nursing Students
The surgery has a number of established links with local universities. We host 4th year medical students from Hull York Medical School and 5th year students from Newcastle. Students are encouraged to run their own surgeries, supervised by a GP, to support their development and learning. We also host nursing students from South Tees.
Thank you for welcoming the GP Registrars and Medical Students and supporting them with their training.
We are not currently recruiting, however if you are interested in working for us please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com